Download Script: Greater Tuna Script
Access on Google: Greater Tuna Script
Thanks to all who auditioned for the 2020 GHS School Play! Please remember that it is very hard to cast a show when there were so many wonderful and talented students who auditioned. If you would like feedback on your audition, please contact me after fall break to set up a time we can talk. Parents, please be supportive of your students regardless of the final outcome.
1. Auditions for the school play will be held by cohorts. Cohort A will be on Tuesday, October 6 and Cohort B will be Thursday, October 8 after school in the theatre from 3:40-5:00 PM.
2. Students will need to prepare a monologue no shorter than 30 seconds and no longer than 60 seconds. Comedic monologues are recommended and may be taken from play scripts, books, movies, the internet, under your bed or anywhere else you can find them!
3. Students must wear masks during the entire audition process. It is suggested that students dress for success, meaning, dress in clothes you would wear to an interview. If you don’t have business-type clothes, just wear the nicest clothes you have.
4. A Callback list will be posted on this website the night of the initial audition for each cohort. Callback auditions will be held for each cohort the day after the monologue auditions. Cohort A – Wednesday, Oct. 7; Cohort B Friday, October 9 from 3:40-5PM in the theatre. Actors will do cold readings from the script for the callback audition, so no preparation is necessary.
5. Parents must fill out the GHS Activity Waiver on Google Forms. The link is https://forms.gle/FpcwQjbq2BbaELvQ9. Students will meet in the theatre lobby after school before entering the theatre for temperature checks and Covid questions.
6. Parents must also complete an audition contract posted above and return it at auditions.
7. The cast list will be posted on the evening of Saturday, October 10 on this website. I will email scripts to the cast so that they may begin memorizing lines.
8. Rehearsals will be after school upon returning from fall break. A calendar will be sent to cast members by the end of fall break, if not sooner.
Break a leg and remember to HAVE FUN!
Please complete the Parent Waiver form available here: Parent Waiver